AUSTIN, TEXAS (July 31, 2012) Kimbia® – which provides the most powerful and flexible event management, fundraising, and advocacy tools to thousands of event directors and nonprofits – today announced the launch of Kimbia Racing, a new division of the company focused exclusively on serving organizations that produce races, walks, runs and similar events.
Many of the world’s leading races already use Kimbia Racing, including IMG Worldwide’s Escape from Alcatraz™ Triathlon, Beijing International Triathlon, MetroPCS Dallas Marathon, The Nation’s Triathlon and Capital of Texas Triathlon. Built on Kimbia’s proven, patent-pending software-as-a-service solution, Kimbia Racing has the functionality and features to meet the unique needs of the race market.
“The launch of Kimbia Racing is recognition that today’s race directors have important, distinctive needs,” said Dan Gillett, Kimbia’s CEO. “More than anything else, they want to have full control over how they manage key aspects of their events, specifically their brand, athlete registration experience, data and cash flow. Kimbia Racing gives them that control – in bold contrast to competitive solutions, which fall short in these important areas of their business.”
- Provides an unparalleled and strongly branded participant experience, including easy and intuitive online registration via custom registration forms on an organization’s website. This supports consistent branding and keeps registrants on the event’s website instead of sending them to a third-party site, which is standard industry practice.
- Ensures that organizations own and fully control their registration data without restrictions. Unlike other race registration products, all data in the Kimbia platform is available, reportable and exportable in real-time – it is never delayed, filtered or used for any purpose outside the client’s control such as third-party marketing to unsuspecting event registrants.
- Never holds back funds, so clients are cash flow positive prior to their events. All collected fees are deposited directly into an organization’s account – versus a third-party account where funds can be held for as long as a month – so the client always retains total control.
- Easily converts participants into successful fundraisers. On-the-go tools are accessible to participants where they spend their time – online as well as via social media sites and mobile devices. Participants are perpetually empowered to create fundraising pages with personalized messages and goals to engage friends, family and colleagues anywhere online.
- Simply integrates with an organization’s existing technology or fundraising platforms, so clients can get more out of their current investments.
Kimbia has appointed Simon Essl as Kimbia Racing’s General Manager to oversee the division’s business and cultivate client relationships. Essl has more than a decade-and-a-half of sports-related brand and event marketing experience. That includes cofounding and helping lead Carmichael Training Systems, one of the oldest and most prestigious, endurance sports coaching organizations in the country.
Essl also has been an event consultant for major nonprofits (e.g., the Susan G. Komen Foundation), ensuring that their events are relevant to endurance athletes. Additionally, Essl ran the sports division for a global marketing agency where he worked on The North Face’s Endurance Challenge series of trail running events and Michelob’s Race to the Ultra marathons. A competitive cyclist, Essl is a member of Elbowz Racing, an elite bicycle racing team.
“Having come from the racing industry, I know first-hand that event directors widely view the selection of vendors for registration as a necessary evil,” said Essl. “When I met the team at Kimbia and learned about the platform, it was immediately apparent that this company has the right solution due to its key differentiators. Kimbia Racing puts control back into the race director’s hands so they can manage every aspect of their events the way they want to.”
Kimbia also has appointed Dave Gallman as Kimbia Racing’s Director of Business Development. Previously, Gallman was Director of Race Events for Kimbia where he worked with some of Kimbia’s largest customers, including American Heart Association and Reed Street Productions, which puts on the Run for Your Lives national race series. Prior to Kimbia, Gallman had his own Internet consultancy, helping nonprofits with fundraising strategy and execution as well as charity races.